Monday, October 26, 2009

FIRST TIME IN THE BIG HOUSE

This past weekend was my first time in the BIG HOUSE! Our burger stand is the closest we have ever gotten to the U of M football stadium. Although Michigan lost to PSU this past Saturday, this past Saturday was one of the best that I have had in a long time.

I FINALLY MADE IT INTO THE BIG HOUSE!

We sold out by the end of the first quarter. I purchased tickets for my 11yr old son and I...they were good seats but the only problem was they were not together. I figured we can just sit in the student section...WRONG!

We went through gate 9...(Yeah...I know...how ironic) and asked one of the event people where the student section was. The event staff pointed us in the general direction. As we walked through the tunnel, we could just feel the energy...I have never seen so many people in one place in my entire life! Well, as we stood there awestruck...the Event staff quickly brought us back to reality and told us we had to move. I showed him our tickets and he said we were in the wrong section...I said I know, I just want to sit with the students...he was not hearing any of that. One of the student must have seen what happened because as I was trying to figure out how I we were going to stay together and see the game, a student handed me two tickets and told me to enjoy the game.

So, my son and I were able to stand in the rain and cheer with the students. At that moment, there was no place on earth that I would have rather had been, smelling of a fully dressed burgers, standing in the rain with my youngest son, screaming at the top of our lungs with the students.